Thursday 7 January 2010

Happy New Year! Are you interested in volunteering?

Happy New Year to you, I hope you had a good break.

Nationally, the political parties are gearing up their election campaigns as we look towards a probable late March or early May election (come on Gordon, tell us when it will be).

Locally, many people are still fed up with politicians and I'm concerned that many people in our community simply won't vote at the coming election.  I believe we need to regain people's trust and forge a new kind of politics that's honest and genuinely connected with local people.  That's why I've got back out on Luton's streets this week to engage with as many people as possible.

Are you interested in volunteering to help me on the campaign?  The main things I need help with are knocking on doors and delivering leaflets with me.  Speaking to people on doorsteps is one of the most interesting ways to spend a day or an evening (don't worry, I do the talking!) -- meeting local people from all walks of life, discussing every issue under the sun.  If you think you might be interested or would like to know more, please email me at joe@joehallforluton.com.

Keep enjoying the New Year -- more soon.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment